In 2022, the world of online gaming is set to grow even further with a plethora of popular titles that can be accessed from all over the world. While many long-running favourites continue to dominate the market, there are also newcomers that have quickly become fan favourites. Below are the top 10 most popular online games in 2022:
1. League of Legends – Developed by Riot Games, this multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game has been a mainstay in the competitive gaming scene since its initial release back in 2009. Players control champions who battle it out in an intense 5v5 environment and have access to various strategic team compositions.
2. Overwatch – This team-based shooter developed by Blizzard Entertainment has quickly become a popular title in the first-person shooter genre. Players take on the role of one of several unique characters, each with their own skills and playstyles, as they battle it out across multiple maps and game modes.
3. Fortnite – Developed by Epic Games, this free-to-play battle royale game has taken the world by storm since its initial release back in 2017. Players are pitted against 99 other competitors as they fight for survival using various weapons and items scattered throughout an ever-shrinking map.
4. Apex Legends – Respawn Entertainment’s take on the battle royale genre has been incredibly successful since its launch in 2019. This game offers players the chance to team up with two other players as they fight for survival using a selection of unique characters.
5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – This first-person shooter has been a mainstay in the competitive gaming scene since its initial release back in 2012. This team-based game pits two teams against each other as they battle to complete their objectives and eliminate the opposing team.
6. Dota 2 – Developed by Valve, this MOBA takes it up a notch with intense 5v5 battles across three different maps, each with their own set of objectives and strategies to win the game.
7. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) – Developed by PUBG Corporation, this battle royale game was one of the first to popularize the genre. Players are pitted against 100 other players as they battle for survival in a gradually diminishing map.
8. Monster Hunter World – Capcom’s take on the action-adventure RPG genre has been incredibly successful since its initial release back in 2018. Players take control of hunters who use their weapons and items to fight gigantic monsters and gain rewards from completing challenging missions.
9. Rainbow Six Siege – This team-based tactical shooter developed by Ubisoft has become increasingly popular since its launch in 2015. Players must work together to breach various objectives while utilizing various gadgets and abilities unique to each character class.
10. Hearthstone – Developed by Blizzard Entertainment, this strategic card game pits two players against each other in a battle of wits and card-playing strategies. Players must use the cards at their disposal to outwit their opponents and emerge victorious.
These are just some of the most popular online games available in 2022, with many more titles currently in development. As technology continues to evolve, so too will the world of gaming, offering players ever more exciting experiences with every passing year. With this in mind, it’s easy to see why the industry is booming and set to continue its growth into the foreseeable future.